Follow This symposium 2021 registration
Wednesday 21 April
15:00-16:30 UK / 16:00 – 17:30 NL
The Follow This Online Symposium 2021 will bring together investors, the oil and gas industry, academics, and media to discuss how investors can support oil and gas companies to take a leading role in tackling climate change. Prepare for the oil majors’ next AGM season in 1.5 hours? Register now!
How investors can support oil majors to curb climate change
You are cordially invited to attend the third Follow This investor symposium, online, on April 21st. We are pleased to announce the confirmed speakers:
- Professor Detlef van Vuuren (Utrecht University, PBL, and IPCC) will outline what emissions reductions the energy sector needs to achieve to reach Paris.
- Mark Campanale (Carbon Tracker) will show the associated investment levels for oil majors.
- Anne Simpson (CalPERS and CA100+) and Mark Lewis (BNP Paribas) will reflect on the investor’s toolbox; from engagement and voting, to divestment.
Anne Simpson will also lay out CA100+’s expectations of oil and gas companies.
- Chris Hohn (CIFF and Say on Climate) will share his vision on voting at AGMs.
- Mark van Baal (Follow This) will talk about the crucial role of transparency to drive change.
Oil majors are invited to speak as well.
Date & Time
Wednesday 21 April 15:00-16:30 UK / 16:00 – 17:30 NL
The investor community is currently deciding what a good climate commitment looks like from oil majors, and how they will vote on crucial climate resolutions. The goal of the symposium is to discuss how shareholders can support oil and gas companies to contribute to the goal of the Paris Climate Agreement to limit global warming to 1.5°C to well below 2°C. We will discuss oil majors’ current pledges for 2030 and 2050, shareholder engagement and shareholder resolutions.
The symposium will bring together investors, the oil and gas industry, academics, and media to discuss how investors can support oil and gas companies to take a leading role in tackling climate change.
Prepare for the oil majors’ next AGM season in 1.5 hours?
For more information please contact event manager Amanda Werner.
Please extend this invitation to relevant colleagues in your network (or share the invitation via LinkedIn).
We look forward to seeing you on April 21.